Date: March 27, 2015
Location: Willoughby Bike Park
In Attendance: Jason Grijzen, Marketa Kostrova, and Dan Millsip
- General clean-up needed. Bits of trash and debris scattered around entire site.
- Large blue steel sign has been vandalized several times and should be moved to a more conspicuous location at the north west entrance to the park.
- Large rocks need to be removed, safety hazard
- Drainage Issues
- Ditches between runs need to be cleared
- Pieces of lumber need to be cleaned up/disposed of
- Turn at East end of track needs rebuilding
- Boulders need to be removed, safety hazard
- Some jumps need repairing where dirt has been dug out and/or added
- Consider permanent jump structures constructed of wood, steel, and/or concrete, so that jumps can not be altered.
- Needs power washing to remove algae buildup, safety issue
- Dirt has been removed and relocated — holes need to be filled in, safety hazard
- Water accumulating in low spots
- General fixing of bumps
- Wooden berm — should be removed as the lack of adequate entrance and exit prohibit proper use
- Build more trials structure where wooden berm is/was
- Some pieces of wood have been attached using deck screws which don’t adequately hold and tend to break off. Remove deck screws (applied by Township Parks staff) and replace with galvanized spiral nails.
- Main wood structure in Trials Area needs general repairs (minor)
- Swivel Teeter Totter needs repair or removal (perhaps replace with non-swiveling teeter totter.
- Parts from old teeter totters need to be removed.
- Some wood on structures needs replacing
- Large Discombobulator needs minor maintenance (bolts tightened etc).
Volunteer to give us a hand!
As you can see from the report above, some maintenance work is needed in our park. If you have a morning or afternoon available and would like to help out, we’d welcome your participation. Sign up on our Volunteer Page!